Company: Rust-Oleum Corporation
Posted on: October 15, 2020
Rust-Oleum Corporation is a worldwide leader in protective paints
and coatings for both home and industry. We offer a wide product
range including decorative fashion paints, durable industrial
coatings and, of course, the famous rust-fighting formula that
started it all. We have an immediate opening for a 1st shift
Material Handler at our Attleboro, MA plant.
The Primary result expected from the Material Handler is to
efficiently, accurately, and safely processes raw materials,
components, and finished goods, and distributes materials to the
appropriate department by verifying and maintaining documentation
on incoming and outgoing shipments, and transporting raw materials,
components, and supplies to appropriate departments.
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests,
invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and
shipping orders to route materials.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space
availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting,
accounting, and recordkeeping purposes.
- Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of
shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Deliver or route materials to departments, using work devices,
such as handtruck, conveyor, or sorting bins.
- Pack, seal, label, and affix postage to prepare materials for
shipping, using work devices such as hand tools, power tools, and
- Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to
rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to
maintain inventory of stock.
- Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to
issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Compute amounts, such as space available, and shipping,
storage, and demurrage charges, using calculator or price list.
- 1-3 years of related experience.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to work above average overtime and flexible
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to read,
write, speak, and understand English.
- Aptitude with SAP/WMS System as well as ISO-9001
- Appropriate forklift and comparable equipment operating
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly for extended periods.
Additional Consideration Given to Those With:
- Previous shipping/traffic and material handling
- Paint/Coatings/chemical industry knowledge or experience.
Attleboro, Massachusetts, United States
Keywords: Rust-Oleum Corporation, Attleboro , Material Handler, Professions , Attleboro, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!