Unit Administrative Technician
Company: U.S. Army Reserve Command
Posted on: March 26, 2020
About the Position:
This position is with the 412th Theater Engineer Command, 338
Engineer Company, 368 Engineer Battalion, 302 Maneuver Enhancement
Brigade, located in Attleboro, Massachusetts.
Learn more about this agency
- Use automated systems for data entry, and compilation for
analysis and creation of reports.
- Process personnel and payroll actions.
- Interpret and apply regulations, policies and practices
applicable to unit operations and activities.
- Coordinate use of U. S. Army Reserve (USAR) centers, and
arranges for facility maintenance and repairs.
- Monitors unit mobilization readiness.
- Advise new members on the USAR program, obligations, advantages
and unit vacancies.
- Provide personnel and supply technical advice to unit commander
- Maintain liaison with higher headquarters assuring compliance
25% or less - The business travel requirement is 20%.
- Job family (Series)
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness
determination, as determined by a completed background
- This position is subject to the Lautenberg Amendment/Domestic
Violence Misdemeanor Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968.
- This position is subject to drug testing.
- This position requires membership in the US Army Reserve
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements
described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience,
including volunteer work done through National Service programs
(e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g.,
professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community;
student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying
experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must
clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on
education, your transcripts will be required as part of your
application. Additional information about transcripts is in this
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which
includes administrative and operational services provided in
support of a military unit or military activity by preparing a
variety of written products to include correspondence and reports;
monitoring the unit and individual readiness programs; processing
personnel and payroll records. This definition of specialized
experience is typical of work performed at the next lower
grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in
the following areas:
- Applies Technology to Tasks
- Interpersonal Skills
- Manages and Organizes Information
- Organizational Awareness
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a
Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department
of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested
in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the
Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 51 - General Administration and
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- If a MSP applicant is determined best qualified and selected,
placement must be at the full performance level for priority
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If
you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your
agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced
employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive
selection priority for this position. To receive selection
priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be
rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the
appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be
considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants
must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and
receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the
program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you
do not have in electronic form, view the following link for
information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not
authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application
package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the
questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the
qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are
minimally qualified, your rsum and supporting documentation will be
compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to
determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your rsum
and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you
have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose
consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions
carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive
awards in your resume as that information may be taken into
consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be
required to provide supporting documentation.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of
three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and
Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of
non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional
skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements
for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good
skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum
experience requirements for the announced position.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or
not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A
complete description of preference categories and the associated
required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume,
your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which
prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these
documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application
package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the
specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate
material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and
qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain
hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per
week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If
your resume does not contain this information, your application may
be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
2. Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable NOTE:
Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include
supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources
Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and
marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone
other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another
person's personal information before you submit your application.
You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the
documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
Review our benefits
Keywords: U.S. Army Reserve Command, Attleboro , Unit Administrative Technician, Professions , Attleboro, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!