Posted on: December 26, 2019
The Plumbing/HVAC Technician will be part of a team responsible for
installing and maintaining world class maintenance
systems within the manufacturing facility, specifically servicing,
maintaining, and troubleshooting various heating, ventilation and
air conditioning units in
the facility. In collaboration with engineering, facilities
maintenance and operations, the Plumbing/ HVAC Technician is
directly involved in the installation and commissioning of
code-compliant systems using company and industry best
Primary Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
* Install/repair/replace various systems: hydraulic, steam,
radiant, and high efficiency heating
* Install and troubleshoot low voltage wiring for heat & hot water
* Check layout of existing heat devices and air conditioning units
to plan work procedures.
* Obtain materials and supplies according to establish policies and
* Service machinery by cleaning, lubricating or replacing shafts,
bearings, gears, pulleys and other parts.
* Complete diagnostic troubleshooting the HVAC System from wiring
diagrams and schematics.
* Responsible for the installation, operations, repair and
maintenance of building mechanical systems and equipment.
* Perform the Preventative maintenance of the facility HVAC
* Performs duties such as installation of replacement compressors,
evaporator coils, blower motors and dampers
* Layout, plan, install and maintain complicated plumbing and steam
fitting work including steam, gas, air, water and vacuum systems,
hydraulic equipment, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen lines, etc., from
blueprints, instructions etc
* Work with or without the assistance of other plumbers and
steamfitters or helpers.
* Cover and repair insulation on pipes, valves, fittings, tanks
ovens, blowers, etc.
* Knowledge of and experience in using fall protection devises.
* Carryout a preventative maintenance program for equipment
involved in accordance with approved instructions.
* Read, interpret and work to; drawings, schematics, wiring lists
and diagrams, work instructions, sketches, work tasks and verbal
* Perform related duties as required.
* Knowledge of complicated math.
* Knowledge of complicated drawings and cross references.
* Must be able to maintain the certificates, licenses and
registrations required for their positions as defined in the
* Maintain the work area and perform duties in a safe manner
adhering to LOTO requirements.
* Computer skills: Ability to operate various computer programs
related to their position for time recording, machine systems and
* Identify and recommend to the company any additional work to be
* Meet company productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction
Skills and Experience
* High School diploma/GED and completion of a 2- year HVAC/R type
schooling with basic knowledge of commercial heating and cooling
* Holds Valid Massachusetts Journeyman s and HVAC License
* 3-5 years in HVAC maintenance & repairs experience
* Experience working in a mill manufacturing environment
* Must have experience with silver soldering
* Willing and able to be on-call for after hours, weekends and/or
holiday emergencies, in addition to scheduled work
* Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
* Experience training/mentoring Apprentice Plumbers
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds unassisted
* Must have a clean and valid driver s record
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Collaboration and teamwork with peers
1. Non-Exempt Role
2. Work in mill manufacturing environment
3. May be on-call after hours
4. Flexible hours as needed
LeachGarner is an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans
are strongly encouraged to apply.
Keywords: LeachGarner, Attleboro , HVAC/Plumbing Technician, Professions , Attleboro, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!