Senior Systems Engineer (Smart & Connected)
Company: Sensata Technologies
Posted on: November 30, 2019
The Smart & Connected team is currently seeking a Systems Engineer
to work in our Attleboro, MA design group. The Smart & Connected
team supports sensor product and platform development for connected
vehicle systems. The sensors and systems are being developed to
meet emerging customer needs, primarily in the Heavy Vehicle
Off-Road (HVOR) and commercial vehicle markets.
As a Systems Engineer you will be responsible for requirements
definition, systems architecture definition and design, systems
analysis, subsystem "glue", and technical customer interfacing.
There may also be some limited logistics and operations
responsibility surrounding integration field trials and customer
- Demonstrated ability to successfully translate customer,
market, and/or regulatory requirements into accurate system
requirements and reliable system architectures
- History of working within a requirements management system(s)
and tracing requirements between tiers
- Systems modeling and analysis skills and knowledge of tools
such as Visio, Simulink, etc.
- Software skills such as C/C++, MATLAB, LabVIEW, Python, etc.
for automation and data processing
- Experience with system design in safety/emission critical
and/or regulated environments, familiarity with quality systems and
leading design methodologies (e.g. 21 CFR Part 820, APQP, ISO/TS
- Hands on attitude with the ability to operate and troubleshoot
standard vehicle protocol test instrumentation and prototype
- Strong project management and product development skills
- Estimating timelines and understanding design activity
- Design to cost
- A history of on-time and on-budget product design
- Familiarity with vehicle area networks (VAN) architectures and
- Experience working in Agile methodology desired
- Comfortable managing several ongoing design activities in
different stages of development
- The ability to work autonomously with minimal guidance
- Pride/ownership of designs and work products
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills are key to
attributes in Sensata's cross functional and global team
environment - we work together to solve problems, both internally
and with customers
- Knowledge of embedded systems, sensors, and wireless
communication highly beneficial
- Travel Requirements:
- Occasional (
- BS or higher degree in Engineering or another technical field;
electrical/electronics, or software-based degrees preferred
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in an engineering role and 2
additional years in a systems engineering role or 4 years'
experience in an engineering role and a master's degree in systems
Our employees are the reason we have been successful in the past
and the reason we will be successful in the future. Employees'
skills, talents, and work ethic have defined the business and will
shape our collective future.
Our Vision is to be:
- A world leader and early innovator in mission-critical sensors
and electrical protection
- Satisfying the world's growing need for safety, energy
efficiency, and a clean environment
- A partner, employer, and neighbor of choice
- Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world's
most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly
pushing towards the next best thing.
- Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining
new perspectives through mutual respect and open
- As OneSensata, we are working together to make things work
If you are an individual who requires a reasonable accommodation in
connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential
functions of the position for which you applied, please make a
request to the recruiter or contact email@example.com.
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our
Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into
Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type FIND JOBS
in the Workday search bar.
Keywords: Sensata Technologies, Attleboro , Senior Systems Engineer (Smart & Connected), Other , Attleboro, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!