Children's Social Services Coordinator
Posted on: December 24, 2018
- Maintain positive working relationship with Amego employees, student's families/guardians, school districts/funding sources, and other community members to ensure satisfaction with program operations.
- Formally and informally respond to needs, desires and interests of families and students. This includes assisting families/guardians with accessing benefits such as SSI or MASS Health.
- Inform Vice President of Children's Services and Director of Social Services and/or other managers of concerns from families, staff, students, school districts and/or licensing sources or from direct observations. This includes facilitating the annual satisfaction survey for the Children's Division and ensuring that follow-up is conducted when needed from the survey responses.
- Coordinates referral / intake process, as well as discharge process, with managers, Vice President of Children's Services, Children's Clinical Director, staff, funding sources, and families. Describe program needs of referrals and strategize with the team to develop necessary supports to facilitate transitions. Completes or ensures completion of any required assessments as deemed necessary for the referral/intake process and/or discharge process.
- Interface with funding sources on referrals, ongoing care, and transition planning.
- Facilitate family/guardian meetings for all programs and services when needed. Present organizational direction and initiatives to family/guardian groups and seek feedback where appropriate.
- Help to ensure that all students are supported in the areas of personal development, social skills, communication, physical development& activities of daily living.
- Establish a working relationship with the families/guardians so they feel supported by Amego. Work with team to meet families/guardians' requests about students' IEP's, diets, Behavior Support Plans, medications/health, and accepted activities.
- Act as a role model to staff, consultants and students by displaying appropriate dress, language, and social skills.
- Notify the Vice President of Children's Services and managers of any issues, conflicts, or service needs while observing programs and interacting with families and individuals.
- Assist in the day-to-day, public relations and marketing aspects of organization.Must have licensure as a social worker.
Keywords: Amego, Attleboro , Children's Social Services Coordinator, Other , Attleboro, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!