Company: FM Global
Posted on: September 15, 2022
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest
businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size
companies with engineering-based risk management and property
insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in
their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art
loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills
and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and
superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic,
culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100
countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The Systems Engineer collaborates with infrastructure engineers,
software engineers, chapter leads, service and product owners, and
other Multi-Disciplinary staff based on shared goals and agile
The Systems Engineer is responsible for providing design,
integration, and management of complex systems, including building,
and running Infrastructure & Cloud Services, focused on producing
high quality solutions and improving existing technology systems
through orchestration and automation. The Systems Engineer will be
focused on enhancing existing processes and developing and
implementing solutions through a variety of technology disciplines
such as server, network, cloud, storage, and other infrastructure
This is a hands-on position that will work side by side with other
team members throughout the Infrastructure and Cloud Product and
Service Organization. As a member of a cross functional team, the
Systems Engineer will be flexible, participate in mutual
understanding, and continuously evaluate processes.
The ideal candidate will be committed to these principles:
- Having an unwavering focus on our customers.
- Explicitly focused on improving daily work.
- A commitment to systems thinking. Integrating repeatable
patterns that teams can utilize.
- Practicing a DevOps mindset and embracing DevOps culture.
- Commitment to an Agile Methodology and DevOps mindset, as both
ideologies work with increased collaboration and rapid
implementation along with continuous testing.
- Focused on increasing transparency, communication, and
collaboration across development, Infrastructure Operations, and
Infrastructure Product Organizations. Responsibilities of the
systems engineer are based on the agile team assignment and could
include any of the following:
- Participate as SME in recommending technology solutions to
- Estimating work effort for product sprints
- Complete technical work effort
- Communicate blockers and requests for help for agile teams
- Update systems of record
- Transition products and features to the service
- Improve the reliability of high-scale systems, by using
automation to improve the process, the environment, and the
technology stack. Leverage automation where possible to
ease/eliminate manual tasks Run:
- Participate as SME in the maintenance and upgrade tasks for
- Participate as SME in resolution of incidents and fulfillment
of requests escalated to service teams.
- Assist with root cause analysis for problems related to
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
Qualifications: 3 to 10+ years experience in application support,
infrastructure support, database, server administration,
information technology, platform services, or another related
discipline. A focus on scripting and automation with at least 1+
- Knowledge of Infrastructure architecture and
- Expertise in creating, analyzing, and restoring large-scale
- Experience working with Windows and Linux operating systems.
Examples include Microsoft Windows Server 2022, Microsoft Windows
Server 2019, Ubuntu, Debian, and RHEL.
- Knowledge of Scripting Languages such as Bash, Perl,
PowerShell, Ruby, and Python.
- Must have knowledge of Web Servers, preferably IIS. Examples
include: IIS, Nginx Apache, and Tomcat.
- Knowledge of enterprise backup and recovery procedures, system
performance-monitoring tools, active directories, virtualization,
HTTP traffic, content delivery, and caching
- Knowledge of Git or other version control technologies.
- Experience with Cloud Based Technologies preferably Azure.
- Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, and experience
with IP based networks, including of data networking components and
concepts. Soft Skills:
- Ability to stay up to date on current technologies and learn
both collaboratively and independently.
- Effective at both verbal and written communication based on the
- Solid Interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to take
- Must have a strong work ethic, time management skills,
initiative, continuous improvement mindset, and a positive
- Ability to work independently or on a team.
- Ability to coordinate activities with team members and other
- Ability to multi-task and change priorities with effective
- Strong root cause analysis skills.
- Experience with the Agile framework and ITIL preferred.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a
related discipline, or equivalent work experience or technical
training with a non-related degree
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career
long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k),
pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs,
generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to
attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external
candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be
vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of
Keywords: FM Global, Attleboro , Systems Engineer, Other , Attleboro, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!