Documentation Specialist Senior
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Reporting to the Manager of the Claims & Servicing Documentation
Team, the Documentation Specialist Senior authors and ensures the
integrity of clear and accurate content for use by staff in the
following departments: Commercial Claims, Public Plans Claims,
Tufts Medicare Preferred Claims and Commercial Servicing. The
Documentation Specialist Senior also, leads content creation
initiatives and other information management projects, facilitates
meetings relevant to documentation and communicates with partner
departments as necessary to support those projects. Work will be
performed in the SupportPoint, Connections, FileNet, FactLink, and
FactLink Admin systems. Assists in onboarding and training writers,
also trains internal clients. Work is primarily performed in an
online reference tool.The successful candidate must be extremely
organized and detail oriented, must have strong writing skills that
include a facility with plain language, and must possess the
ability to think critically. The successful candidate must
follow-through to ensure effective problem resolution. Experience
with procedural and reference writing is highly preferred. SQL
Database experience is preferred. Claims investigation in the
TAHPA, Diamond, Monument Xpress, Health Rules Payor, and CMT
systems are also preferred.Job DescriptionKEY
RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSCreates and manages
- Authors clear and comprehensive documents that describe
business processes and information.
- Analyzes source material and works with subject matter experts
to determine how information should be structured for effective use
- Subject matter expert for the online reference tool.
- Ensures editorial standards and timeliness of documentation by
regularly reviewing and updating existing content.
- Use appropriate computer applications to produce resources for
use by staff.
- Ensure effective use of these applications by using advanced
features of the software (style guides, etc.)
- Maintain awareness of daily events in the departments we
support; create and update documentation to address service issues
identified.Ensures effective implementation of identified projects
to improve department performance or to meet changing business
- Investigates root causes of problems that arise and recommends
appropriate course of action to resolve the problem. Assists
teammates with complex issues.
- Facilitates implementation of approved solution, including
(when applicable) the coordination of resources, development of
detailed project plans, and the definition of key
- Communicates with staff, along with partner departments to
assess customer needs:Communicate regularly with appropriate
department contacts to understand their needs as related to our
- Provide support to management and team members as needed.
- Provide training refreshers to partner departments as needed.
Coordinates with internal customers (partner departments) to assess
- Communicates regularly with appropriate department contacts to
understand their needs.
- Subject matter expert for the online reference tool and best
- Project representation.
- Database support
- Provide support to management as needed.RequirementsJOB
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent relevant work experience is
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills generally
acquired through college or other advanced education is
- Requires two (2) years of experience in a professional
environment, preferably within managed care.
- Proficiency in knowledge management and electronic data
management techniques are highly preferred.
- Facility with plain language writing styles is also
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers, specifically
PC-based applications, is essential.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and Web
development tools is highly preferred.SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires the ability to assess all work and prioritize as
necessary. Must be highly organized and be able to juggle multiple
priorities effectively. Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to exercise appropriate judgment as necessary.
Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills to
effectively impart information to others. Must be an effective and
confident facilitator. Requires strong ability to research and
respond to data analysis, report generation and presentation in a
consistent and professional manner.
- Must be able to understand and identify critical business
issues and propose recommendations for solution of those
- Requires attention to detail to accomplish critical tasks, as
well as a thorough understanding of the tasks impact on not only
the teams customer departments, but also on the organization as a
- Requires detailed knowledge of the functions of various
departments within the organization and how those departments
- Requires the ability to envision the impact of change, and to
be able to conceptualize and propose new ways to do business. Must
have leadership abilities and be flexible and accepting of
change.CONFIDENTIAL DATA: All information (written, verbal,
electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters while working at
Tufts Health Plan is considered confidential. Exposed to and
required to deal with highly confidential and sensitive material
and must adhere to corporate compliance policy, department
guidelines/policies and all applicable laws and regulations at all
times.What we build together changes our customer's health for the
better. We are looking for talented and innovative people to join
our team. Come join us!Please note: As of January 18, 2022, all
employees including remote employees must be fully vaccinated. This
position will require the successful candidate to show proof of
full vaccination against COVID-19. Point32Health is an equal
opportunity employer, and will consider reasonable accommodation to
those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with
federal, state, and local law.About UsPoint32Health is a leading
health and wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better health
care experience to everyone in our communities. Building on the
quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts
Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, we leverage our
experience and expertise to help people find their version of
healthier living through a broad range of health plans and tools
that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.At Point32Health,
were working to reshape the world of health care by pushing past
the status quo and delivering even more to the diverse communities
we serve: more innovation, more access, more support, and healthier
lives. And we want people like you on our side to make it even
better.This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of
Point32Health. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental
principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every
prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost
not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic
origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under
applicable federal, state or local law.Req ID: 4033
Keywords: Point32Health, Attleboro , Documentation Specialist Senior, Other , Attleboro, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!