Clinical Nurse II - HCA One Staff
Posted on: September 20, 2018
Department Description: Healthcare Associates (HCA) is a robust Adult primary care practice offering comprehensive health services to enhance the quality of life for our patients Clinical support and outreach provided through telephonic triaging, direct patient care and education. Position collaborates with the healthcare team and actively directs and participates in quality and patient care initiatives. Position reports to the Clinical Nurse Director. This is a full time 40 hours per week position that includes weekends and holidays. Job Location: Boston, MA Req ID: 26638BR Job Summary: Utilizes the nursing process as the frame of reference for practice as a professional registered nurse and provides direct nursing care to patients and families in an office-based setting. Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Determines the urgency and disposition for telephone triage requests and other patient calls requiring clinical expertise and decision making. Collects pertinent clinical data and applies nursing knowledge and evidence-based assessments to coordinate the delivery of care during telephone encounters, electronic communications and/or clinical visits.
- Facilitates the scheduling of urgent and/or routine appointments as needed.
- In collaboration with the healthcare team and PCP, participates in the coordination of care and on-going management of patients with stable chronic diseases by developing shared care plans, performing medication reconciliation, processing prescription renewals, performing symptom assessments, and coordinating VNA referrals.
- Collaborates with the LPN and the provider regarding ED visit follow-up and communicates with patients regarding symptom management and the coordination of additional services as needed.
- Promotes the health of patients through coordinated follow-up, supports improving health outcome efforts, education and self-management goals. Essential Responsibilities:
- Provides direct care to patients and makes necessary nursing judgments. Responsible for systematically assessing the health care needs of individuals or groups and for the formulation of a care plan, its implementation and evaluation. Demonstrates the ability for decision making by integrating theoretical knowledge with practical experience in caring for patients.
- Coordinates the care of patients and directs assistive personnel in order to provide safe, effective, efficient, equitable and timely, patient-centered care. Demonstrates awareness of environmental forces on health care of patients and their families. Demonstrates the ability to identify resources necessary to implement the plan of care
- Works in a collegial and collaborative relationship with other health professionals to determine healthcare needs of patients and families. Develops relationships with patients and families that maintain and communicate trust and respect. Communicates effectively in the exchange of information. Demonstrate the ability to act as a patient advocate.
- Maintains annual mandatory education requirements, which include emergency skills and unit based competencies. Identifies needs for continued growth and development in conjunction with the unit based educator or clinical nurse specialist. Participates in activities that contribute to professional development of self May participate in quality improvement activities.
- Demonstrates a commitment to patients, staff, and to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. The individual nursing practice reflects the goals of the Medical Center. Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own nursing practice and patient safety Required Qualifications:
- Graduate from an accredited Nursing Program required.
- License Registered Nurse required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- American Heart Association - Basic Life Support Certification
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in a teaching hospital and specialty area expertise Competencies:
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations. Age based Competencies: Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -. Physical Nature of the Job: Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
Keywords: BIDMC, Attleboro , Clinical Nurse II - HCA One Staff, Healthcare , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!