Global Segment Manager
Company: Sensata Technologies
Posted on: June 12, 2019
The Global Segment Manager will have the responsibility of driving
global growth of our products through development and execution of
market strategies that target specific segments in the Industrial
Markets. This position needs a solid mix of commercial and
technical skills as the Market Segment Manager will work closely
with engineers, sales managers, and program managers-
This leader will be chartered to develop and execute the segment
- Drive share gain opportunities within our existing customer
- Develop market segmentation to identify adjacent applications
that can deliver sustainable growth
- Define our competitive advantage and leverage marketing
channels to win over competition
- Optimize our go to market strategy that best enables customer
awareness, acquisition, and retention.
In addition, the Global Segment Manager will develop insight into
new markets and explore inorganic opportunities to accelerate our
Key Responsibilities Include
- Defend of incumbent positions to keep and gain share in our
core market segments
- Growth of existing products in current, adjacent, and new
applications by gathering key requirements through direct
interaction with customers and key stakeholders
- Understand market trends and drivers to ensure we participate
in applications with sustainable growth
- Identify and evaluating legislative, competitive, and technical
discontinuities that present opportunities and threats to our long
- Develop segmentation based on primary research and analysis of
market, customers, competitors for existing and new markets
- Develop short, medium, and long term global strategies for
targeted segments to deliver double digit growth
- Define the competitive landscape and establish strategies to
win over competition by establishing our value proposition and go
to market approach
- Partner with commercial and technical functional leaders in the
US, Asia, and Europe to effectively implement the defined
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's in engineering degree (Mechanical or Electrical
Engineering) required, MBA Degree preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of technical marketing experience required.
Experience in Building/HVAC, Material Handling, Medical, and
Industrial IoT Markets preferred.
- Strong interest in industrial system, components, and sensor
technology with the ability to understand a diverse and complex
- Highly-developed coaching and leadership skills to foster
working relationships across a geographically diverse team.
- Ability to navigate in a highly matrixed organization and work
- Proven examples of metrics driven results to achieve
organizational goals. Ability to set both individual and segment
annual goals, as well as tracking ongoing progress to achieve
objectives by year end.
- Outstanding organizational skills, especially the ability to
manage multiple concurrent priorities being executed by multiple
- The ability to effectively communicate complex technical
concepts to a variety of audiences. Ability to understand customer
and team's needs and act accordingly.
- Self-motivated, high-energy individual who can easily function
in a high demand, performance-driven environment This professional
must demonstrate structured thinking with analytical skills as well
as strong leadership skills, best demonstrated by the individual's
ability to gain credibility with team members and senior
- This position requires 25% global and domestic travel.
- Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world's
most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly
pushing towards the next best thing.
- Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining
new perspectives through mutual respect and open
- As OneSensata, we are working together to make things work
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our
Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into
Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type FIND JOBS
in the Workday search bar.
Keywords: Sensata Technologies, Attleboro , Global Segment Manager, Executive , Attleboro, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!