Director, Chief Technology Officer
Company: Sturdy Memorial Hospital
Posted on: September 22, 2022
The Director, Chief Technology Officer of the Information
Systems Department is responsible for the enterprise-wide
management of computers, technology infrastructure, the associated
Sturdy staff, consultants, and outsourced resources. Reporting to
the CIO, this position works with the CIO to determine systems and
technology development strategy and standards and is responsible
for providing administrative and technology decision making,
leadership, and tactical and strategic planning involving the
efficient and productive use of personnel, material, and financial
resources. The Director will have responsibility for the cost
effective use of technology at Sturdy and fully understand how
patient care, business, and workflow processes are impacted by
technology decisions. This position has overall responsibility for
computer equipment, network, computer operations,
telecommunications, interfaces, technical, help desk, desktop
services and clinical/business analysts.
- Leadership: - Is accountable for strategic planning, tactical
planning, program development, labor management, and overall
operational administration. Work with the leadership team to set
clear priorities and goals for IT management and production,
balancing the long-term and immediate needs.
- Communication: - Develops and maintains communication processes
which assures effective flow of information horizontally and
vertically within IS, Sturdy and with outside entities. Manage
strategic vendor and technology partner relationships. Ensure tight
collaboration across departments to drive strategic initiatives,
including understanding of the alignment between technology
strategy and various technology road maps.
- Technology Architecture Standards: - - Establishes, maintains,
and communicates Sturdy technology standards. Oversees the
development, implementation, maintenance, communications, and
processes associated with technology assets. Chairs the Information
Technology Integration Committee to assist in the oversight of the
Information Technology at strategic and project levels. Make
infrastructure decisions, ensuring technical excellence,
versatility, safety and soundness, resiliency and scalability in
the architecting and engineering of product solutions, as well as
managing all technical delivery.
- Planning: - Provides vision, leadership, planning, and
coordination for enterprise-wide computing and telecommunications
infrastructure. - Establishes, maintains, communicates, and manages
to, the Technology Architecture Strategic and Tactical Plans and
Standards. - Defines strategies for information technology planning
and management, including design, coordination, oversight,
communications, testing, conversions, and implementation. - Defines
technology support and deployment processes and procedures,
including service levels, standards adherence, communications, and
external vendor relationships. Help facilitate the development and
implementation of disaster recovery and IT security failure plans.
- Research and Development: - Anticipates future technological
needs and maintains an awareness of developments in computer and
communications technology. - Continuously evaluates the external
environment for evolving technologies, which emphasize cost savings
or service improvement potential. - Evaluates its applicability to
the institution and its current and anticipated future
- Continuous Improvement: - Ensures the quality of services
through the development and documentation of a quality monitoring
system and/or program evaluation reflected through key indicators.
- Assumes a leadership role in quality improvement activities in
the Department. Manage IT resource allocation, goal/KPI setting,
and performance metricsRequired
- Strong department leader with skills in strategic planning,
goal setting, processes development, budgeting, and creating
opportunities for professional development within technology
- Ability to plan and manage the utilization of complex
technology related resources.
- At least 5 years of prior experience leading technology teams
in a healthcare provider organization
- Requires effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to promote teamwork and build effective
- Ability to take initiative and meet objectives.
- Requires a high level of interpersonal, problem-solving, and
- Solid understanding of broad technology trends in Health IT and
the ability to align innovation with business goals.
- Strong communication with ability to convey technical topics in
easy-to-understand business terms and work collaboratively with
cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Strategic thinker, including the ability to identify new
opportunities, drive clarity, create focus, and make tough
decisions in complex and dynamic contexts.
- Ability to track and identify new technologies to solve complex
business issuesPreferred Skills/Qualifications/Training/Experience:
- Previous oversight of Telecom or call center technology and
- Previous experience with smaller hospital networks and support
of geographically dispersed clinical practice sites
- Previous experience supporting major HIT systems including HER
(Cerner, Meditech, Epic, etc) and ERP (Workday, Infor.,
Oracle)Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information
systems or related field or equivalent in experience
- Previous experience as a CTO, director, or similar leadership
- Prior experience as a senior engineering leader overseeing
architecture and engineering for enterprise-wide technology
platforms and leading SaaS technology platforms.
- Broad knowledge of software engineering: languages, frameworks,
techniques, and industry trends.
- Broad knowledge of latest telecom and networking (wired and
wireless) technologies including Hyper converged architectures.
Understanding of virtualization (server, storage and end point) and
of multi tiered approaches to data storage and retention. Knowledge
of varied architectures to achieve secure remote access.
- Understanding of the complexities of integration and
interoperability between systems, both internal and external.
- Experience leading complex, major changes and initiatives;
demonstrated skills in change management on an organizational and
interpersonal level; experience with integrating teams across
multiple business units and managing a diverse
- ITIL training and/or certification desired but not required.Age
Specific Criteria: Ability to effectively communicate to all age
levels served within the scope of the position/assigned
areas.Ability to Meet Job Performance Expectations: Must have the
ability to perform the essential functions of the position without
posing a direct threat to the health and safety of themselves or
other individuals in the workplace, with or without a reasonable
accommodation.Sturdy Memorial Hospital is an equal employment
opportunity employer. There is no discrimination because of race,
color, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin,
veteran status or disability.Please note: For the protection of the
patients, employees, visitors and all who enter our facilities,
Sturdy Memorial requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for
COVID-19, with limited exemptions, as a condition of
Keywords: Sturdy Memorial Hospital, Attleboro , Director, Chief Technology Officer, Executive , Attleboro, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!