VP Strategy and Service Line Development
Company: Sturdy Memorial Hospital
Posted on: November 22, 2021
VP Strategy and Service Line Development As a key senior leader
within Sturdy Memorial Hospital, the Vice President of Strategy and
Service Line Development collaboratively leads the development of
organizational strategy and cultivates/amplifies service line
opportunities for future growth and sustainable competitive
The Vice President is responsible for strategy, service line
development, implementation and continued assessment of internal
and external communication programs that optimize Sturdy's
relationship with varied stakeholders: patients, staff, physicians,
community and civic leaders, boards, and other key influencers.
The VP, in collaboration with the Director of Marketing, creates
compelling messaging that builds and enhances the awareness and
reputation around Sturdy's transformational, inclusive patient care
The VP demonstrates strategic and operational expertise, strong
leadership and the ability to work in a highly collaborative
environment reflective of Sturdy's commitment to fostering equity
and inclusion throughout the operational and care continuum.Reports
to: CEOPrimary Job ResponsibilitiesStrategy and Service Line
- Spearheads and manages new strategic exploration beyond current
areas of focus. When applicable, leads/facilitates implementation
of new strategic business development initiatives.
- Identifies, analyzes, and helps cultivate
alliances/partnerships--(e.g., retail healthcare, insurance,
businesses, physician groups) which bring increased value to the
organization and the community.
- Plays a key role in developing and managing the organization's
retail and employer growth strategies.
- Conduct strategic reviews of service lines and operations to
identify opportunities to improve long term competitiveness.
- Plans and implements physician outreach and alignment
strategies and coordinates with clinical operational leaders for
corresponding physician recruitment opportunities.
- Manages ongoing implementation and reconciliation of the
strategic plan and ensures management decisions align with
successful plan implementation.
- Leads business development planning process for new or
substantially changed programs to include market assessment,
marketing strategy, operational analysis, and financial
- Leads development and evaluation of innovative marketing
programs using market research, feasibility studies, and input from
the Sturdy medical staff.
- Leverages industry and local-market insight to provide
direction and guidance to Sturdy leaders in developing
strategically aligned initiatives and sound strategies for business
development and optimization.
- Develops strategic growth opportunities by identifying and
evaluating business opportunities, developing corresponding
business plans, and supporting implementation of new businesses
that will serve to enhance the overall effectiveness and fiscal
viability of Sturdy while ensuring the optimal level of healthcare
delivery to the communities served.
- Cultivates strong physician affiliations through marketing,
practice enhancement, joint ventures, and other activities.
- Develops and maintains strategic and business planning
processes and associated policies and tool kits.
- Collaborates with clinical operational leadership to launch,
grow, and enhance programs to meet the organization's vision and
strategic goals along with those of the communities served
- Develops effective external market surveillance mechanisms,
maintaining contemporary knowledge of community, regional and
national health care landscape.
- Ensures the organization stays current with market trends,
anticipates market needs, proactively facilitates development of
programs to maximize business growth opportunities and advises
executive leadership of potential impact to the organization's
overall strategy and financial forecasts.
- Leads and coordinates efforts to facilitate business plan
development for new services and operational areas working cross
functionally with a variety of entities.Marketing, Strategic
Communications, Brand Management:
- Provides vision and leadership for Sturdy's strategic marketing
and communications functions.
- Leads implementation of marketing and public relations
initiatives, embracing and strengthening Sturdy's image and brand
to attract and retain patients and expand market share.
- Assures advertising that enhances brand reputation, introducing
new services while maintaining/increasing market share in existing
- Leads team in developing and executing comprehensive
communication, marketing, public relations, and branding strategies
consistent with Sturdy's strategic business priorities and
- Serves as Sturdy's brand guardian to ensure message consistency
across all internal and external communication platforms.Required
Qualifications and Skills
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in strategy, operations,
business development, preferably within a healthcare environment at
- Proven capabilities in building strong, trusted relationships
with partners and collaborators and ability to positively influence
- Experience in managing work teams who have completed complex
analytical and strategic projects, along with leading projects that
require consensus and continuous interaction with senior management
and physician leaders.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to advance or influence
idea adoption within an organization.
- Mastery of strategic and quantitative analysis of business and
- Extensive knowledge of the healthcare industry.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Ability to act as a change agent.
- Ability to serve as a mentor.
- Superb written, verbal, and critical thinking skills.Education
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Health
Administration, or related field.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration/Healthcare
Management preferred.Age and Diversity Related
Criteria:Consistently treats patients, colleagues and visitors with
the dignity and respect, while being sensitive to the differing
needs of all age groups, backgrounds, characteristics and
cultures.Ability to Fulfill Job Expectations: Must have the ability
to the perform essential functions of the position, including
required work hours, locations and physical demands, without posing
a direct threat to the health and safety of themselves or other
individuals in the work place, and with or without reasonable
accommodation. Sturdy Memorial Hospital is an equal employment
opportunity employer. There is no discrimination because of race,
color, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin,
veteran status or disability. Please note: For the protection of
the patients, employees, visitors and all who enter our facilities,
Sturdy Memorial requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for
COVID-19, with limited exemptions, as a condition of employment.
Our Work Experience is the combination of everything that's unique
about our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our
commitment to success, our recognition programs, but most
importantly, it's our people. Our employees are self-disciplined,
hardworking, curious, trustworthy, humble and truthful. They make
choices according to what is best for the team, they live for
opportunities to collaborate and make a difference, and they make
us the #1 Top Workplace in our area.
Keywords: Sturdy Memorial Hospital, Attleboro , VP Strategy and Service Line Development, Executive , Attleboro, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!