Global Commercial Director (Industrial Business Unit)
Company: Sensata Technologies
Posted on: November 21, 2020
Sensata Technologies is looking for a Global Commercial Director
to lead growth in our 700M Global Industrial business, where we
have an aggressive growth plan over the next 5 years. Our
Industrial business covers a broad range of end markets servicing
Smart Buildings, Smart Factories, Clean Energy and other
Diversified Industrial markets.-
The primary responsibility of this role will be to lead a team of
sales professionals, account managers, and support staff to develop
and win new business opportunities for mission-critical sensors
that help our customers meet the growing needs for safety, energy
efficiency and clean environment.
This is primarily achieved through understanding customer
applications and establishing strong industry relationships with
customers at all levels. Additionally, the candidate will need to
develop strategies for closing new business, growing the Sensata
portfolio across customers and markets, and for
channel/distribution for the region. This position must be able to
understand customer's business strategy/needs and translate those
into opportunities for Sensata to participate.
Success in this position requires good market trends understanding,
good team-building and influencing skills; both in working with
internal teams, external teams and customers. In addition, he/she
must have exceptional commercial acumen paired with solid
operational and technical backgrounds. This position reports to the
Vice President of the Industrial business unit.
- Lead a team to establish and achieve specific sales growth
targets for the North American Industrial Solutions market
- Partner with segment marketing and product management to
establish and execute product roadmaps aligned with customer
- Understand decision makers and their influence on awarding
business within various disciplines (Engineering, Purchasing,
- Understand competitors 'strengths and areas for
- Collaborate with colleagues to execute global customer
- Lead, mentor and coach the sales and larger Industrial
Solutions team in order achieve results. Ensure the succession
plans are solid and support individual development.
- Ensure successful compliance with tools, reporting and
resources to allow our teams to operate most efficiently
- Overall 10 years of experience sales, account management or
business development role.
- Experience in Industrial markets required
- At least 5 years of proven leadership and team management
- Successful experience developing deep client partnerships, as
well as collaborating closely and effectively with engineering,
production, customer service, quality, manufacturing and others to
develop new business opportunities
- Extensive business travel required
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar
technical discipline; Masters or MBA preferred.
- Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world's
most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly
pushing towards the next best thing.
- Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining
new perspectives through mutual respect and open
- As OneSensata, we are working together to make things work
If you are an individual who requires a reasonable accommodation in
connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential
functions of the position for which you applied, please make a
request to the recruiter or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our
Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into
Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type FIND JOBS
in the Workday search bar.
Keywords: Sensata Technologies, Attleboro , Global Commercial Director (Industrial Business Unit), Executive , Attleboro, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!