Mechanical Design Engineer ( Smart & Connected)
Company: Sensata Technologies
Posted on: September 6, 2019
Work individually, with a local team or global engineering team on
product design which satisfy customer specifications. This process
includes design, product validation, completing documentation and
executing launch items for production. Complete all related
drawings, documentations (including DFMEA) and release in internal
Sensata engineers are exposed to the full product cycle. Our
engineers get a lot of responsibility very quickly, but experienced
colleagues are always willing to provide needed guidance. The
decisions and actions of our entry level engineers have a direct
and immediate impact on our products and our customers.
- Responsible for static, dynamic design, and analysis of
- Perform design verification on original and/or derivative
design by collecting empirical data through experimental methods.
Manipulate and synthesize the data to make design recommendations
based off of the testing.
- Conducts feasibility studies and testing on new and modified
designs. Work closely with support personnel (technicians and
drafting teams) in the preparation of detailed technology
selection, conceptual design, detail design and prototyping
- Resolves problems of limited scope through the use of
engineering fundamentals. Executes scripted Design/Process
Validation (DV/PV) testing with limited support.
- Complete Failure Analysis investigations and engineering
- Maintain product documentation (drawings and specifications)
and lessons learned
- Work with senior engineers/managers to engage with customers in
soliciting product specifications requirements, schedule
expectations and budget
- Learning about in-house and supplier manufacturing
- Become familiar with customer systems where our parts are
- Good understanding of mechanical engineering principles,
materials, mechanics, fluid, thermo and heat transfer
- Knowledge of basic electrical circuits, microelectronic
assembly, statistical methods, process control fundamentals and
product test processes
- Basic knowledge of a core manufacturing processes (Calibration,
Final Function Transfer (FFT), leak testing, welding/soldering,
adhesive and gel dispensing)
- Strong presentation skills - Ability to clearly present design
concepts to customers, managers and peers verbally and using formal
- Basic understanding of design tools such as Matlab and
- Able to use CAD/3D solid modeling tools - Solid Works
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work
effectively with superiors, peers, suppliers and customers
- Awareness of Design To Cost and Design for
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work to targets
- Client focus - understanding and meeting clients' needs.
- Problem solving and judgement - ability to assess options and
implications in order to identify a solution.
- Ability to offer innovative solutions - adapting to change,
leading the change process
- Bachelor's Level Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related
- Zero to two years of related industry experience
- Ability to deliver results in a complex, fast-paced
- Ability to collaborate and influence effectively, at all
levels, inside and outside the organization, and around the
- Strong understanding of fundamental mechanical engineering
principles in all areas, and ability to apply principles flexibly
in unfamiliar situations.
- Creativity and innovation; persistence and drive to solve
challenging problems and overcome obstacles.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly.
- Familiarity with basic electrical circuits and microelectronic
- Familiarity with process control and statistics.
- Familiarity with various manufacturing methods (e.g., molding,
welding, soldering, adhesives, machining, stamping, and
- Familiarity with various engineering materials (e.g., steel,
aluminum, plastics, ceramics, silicon, etc.)
- Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world's
most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly
pushing towards the next best thing.
- Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining
new perspectives through mutual respect and open
- As OneSensata, we are working together to make things work
If you are an individual who requires a reasonable accommodation in
connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential
functions of the position for which you applied, please make a
request to the recruiter or contact email@example.com.
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our
Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into
Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type FIND JOBS
in the Workday search bar.
Keywords: Sensata Technologies, Attleboro , Mechanical Design Engineer ( Smart & Connected), Engineering , Attleboro, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!