Head of Chemical Engineering
Company: Interplex Etch Logic
Posted on: May 15, 2022
We are searching for a Chief Chemical Engineer with excellent
Responsibilities will include assigning tasks to engineering teams,
setting long and short-term project goals, staying abreast of
cutting-edge advancements and be dedicated to excellence.
Must have good analytical skills to accurately estimate cost and
timing complete a project. Must have great verbal communication
skills to collaborate closely with other members of management
The chief Chemical Engineer must be a resourceful and influential
leader that can implement a world class vision of excellence to
insure we remain a technological force in the forefront of the
chemical etching industry.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Serve as a key member of the management team that sets the
company's strategic direction.
Develop strategic planning for the direction and control of
Formulate long-term objectives and standards of performance for the
Communicate long-term objectives and performance standards to staff
and provide frequent feedback on the department's performance
against those objectives and performance standards.
Collaborate with other Interplex Divisions/Headquarters as
Responsible for all equipment and technology CAPEX to corporate
Investigate root cause and implement corrective action to restore
performance to prescribed standards when required.
Ensure implementation and refinement as required of formal process
to support the engineering development process.
Manage diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities and
ensure that engineering is focused on meeting and exceeding the
Lead a team of engineers as they develop, test, modify, implement,
and validate solutions to technical problems and optimize existing
programs including design of equipment, machinery, and
Become an expert in Lean approach utilizing, implementing, and
embracing the Interplex Business System methodology.
Learn, train others, and utilize proven problem-solving techniques
such as A-3, Six-Sigma, Shainin or equivalent.
Present reports on engineering's performance during one-on-one
meetings with the General Manager, and during Management Review
Participate in NPI, APQP, FMEA, processes as required.
Review technical accuracy of work performed by engineering team and
approve, or recommend modifications as required.
Ensure all process changes follow the ECN process and are
Participate with company teams in meeting customer quality and
Be a student of current industry trends, ensuring that the company
maintains and expands its technology leadership position.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Hire, train, and mentor engineers and other supporting
2. Motivate staff and provide technical direction and guidance, as
well as hands-on project management, recognizing the role as that
of both manager and support resource / mentor.
3. Provide training, career path planning, & mentoring for all
direct reports. Ensure that duties, responsibilities, authority,
and accountability for all direct report positions are clearly
defined and understood by direct staff through job descriptions,
standard operating procedures, work instructions, & forms.
4. Oversee and appraise the performance of all direct reports
yearly to include the identification of training needs, performance
improvement plans (where applicable), performance goals for the
upcoming year, and compensation increases to include any
non-periodic bonus recommendations.
5. Consult with all areas of management responsible for policy or
action. Ensure policy compliance within engineering. Make
recommendations for improving the effectiveness of policies and
procedures and when employees are found in violation of company
policies work with the Human Resource Department to identify and
issue the proper corrective disciplinary action.
6. Review and action direct report time off requests in accordance
with Interplex time off policies.
7. Ensures the engineering team and other manufacturing departments
work together cohesively.
8. Comply with and support all department and company policies and
procedures as defined in the Employee Manual.
9. Follow all International Standards that apply to our
certification and QMS.
10. Comply with and support all department and company Safety
policies and procedures to include wearing of Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) in areas that require it.
Education /Skills /Qualifications:
1. Bachelor's degree in Engineering (prefer Chemical Engineering
2. 7+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Relevant industry and/or
process experience is a plus!
3. Positive professional approach while being cooperative and able
to work individually or in a team environment.
4. Demonstrated team building and leadership skills.
5. "Out of the box thinker" must be key driver contributing to the
engineering roadmap and willing to take innovative risk while
balancing the road map for on time deliverables.
6. Highly organized and attentive to detail.
7. Effective listening and communication skills, both oral and
written with ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information,
respond to questions, and interact with all levels of the
8. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
documents, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, customers, employees and the general public.
9. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as tolerances,
percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply
concepts of basic geometry. Ability to apply concepts of basic
geometry and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
10. Effective time management skills with ability to prioritize
work and multi-task when required.
11. Self-starter with passion and drive for continuous
12. Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word &
Excel, Mini Tab, & other Advanced Statistical Software.
13. Capable of conducting DOE's.
14. Ability to interface with customers, deal with difficult issues
tactfully and professionally and build strong working
15. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety
of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal
with several abstract and concrete variables.
16. Intermediate to advanced math skills including ability to
calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest,
commissions, proportions, percentages, areas, ratios,
circumference, and volume.
17. Sound reasoning skills with ability to solve practical
operational problems, define problems, collect data, establish
facts, and draw valid conclusions, and apply understanding to carry
out instructions furnished in oral, written, or diagram
Keywords: Interplex Etch Logic, Attleboro , Head of Chemical Engineering, Engineering , Attleboro, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!