Senior Universal Banker
Company: Webster Bank
Posted on: January 6, 2020
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at
Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has
always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help
individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals.
And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain
passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities,
and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference
in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career
you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the
values Webster was founded on. Together we call them The Webster
Way, and they are what sets us apart as a bank and an employer.
Guided by these values, we put people first. Working hard to live
up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The Senior Universal Banker (SUB) is the face of Webster with
consumer/banking center based customers. The position is an
all-encompassing role which requires the associate to deliver sales
solutions, service and transactions to all customers. The Senior
Universal Banker creates a positive customer relationship by
effectively communicating a clear understanding of the benefits of
Webster's products and services. The Senior Universal Banker will
engage in sales and service solution activities and contributes
directly to the success of the banking center by recognizing and
uncovering opportunities. The SUB will be provided with learning
and training opportunities to develop and refine their technical
skills and sales competencies.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilizes sales techniques to uncover customer needs and match
to the bank's products and services; sells a full range of consumer
and business products/services such as deposit accounts, loans,
credit cards, and safe deposit boxes to meet or exceed established
sales goals to support overall sales objectives.
- Maintains operational excellence and superior customer service
by accurately and efficiently processing routine banking
transactions at a banker work station and servicing customer
- Provides a variety of transactions for customers, including
typical consumer transactions i.e., cashes checks and processes
checking and savings account withdrawals and balancing duties, etc.
while seeking opportunities to develop customer relationships and
identify sales opportunities; utilizes basic sales techniques to
deepen existing customer/prospect relationships.
- Markets a full range of consumer and small business banking
services to existing and potential customers through proactive
techniques such as lobby leadership, outbound telemarketing calls,
marketing campaigns, or in banking center events.
- Ability to learn Webster's products and services and uses
knowledge to identify other cross-sell opportunities and refer
existing customers and prospects to Business Banking, Webster
Investment Services (WIS), Cash Management, Personal Lending&
mortgages and home equity, Private Banking, and/or other Sales
- Resolve a variety of simple to complex in banking center
customer maintenance requests and inquires (i.e. address change,
stop payments, research requests, etc.).
- Participates in telemarketing and other banking center calling
and marketing initiatives.
- Effectively uses available resources for problem resolution,
which may involve analysis of information received from Loan
Processing, Deposit Operations, ATM, Reconcilement, Loss Management
or Financial Intelligence Unit or other internal Webster
- Maintains compliance with Federal and State regulations as well
as adhere to Webster Bank's policies and procedures at all times.
Meet/exceed banking center evaluation requirements.
- Provides flexibility of coverage during banking center hours of
operation and at other banking centers within the market as
- Other duties as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of customer service, sales, call center and/or
- Prior banking experience preferred; needs-based banking sales
- Basic knowledge of small business, mortgages, and lending
services a plus
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated aptitude and desire for
- Passion for customer service and helping people.
- Ability, motivation and preference to succeed in a goal-driven
- Superior customer relationship building skills.
- Ability to maintain and balance a cash drawer
- Comfortable making outreach calls to consumer or business
customers and/or prospects
- Decision-maker with well-developed interpersonal
- Comfortable with technology & i.e. smartphones, ipads, online
banking, remote deposit capture, ATM deposits, etc
- Basic understanding of personal finances and concept of
- Good organizational skills
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule Monday through
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commitment to personal growth, learning and
- Ability to interact with customers, partners, vendors and team
members in a professional and personable manner
- Detailed oriented and ability to follow established policies
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Webster Bank, Attleboro , Senior Universal Banker, Accounting, Auditing , Attleboro, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!